CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.

I am not one to stand up for myself. I get mad. I will bitch behind the scenes. But never one to stand up for myself. I just don’t want to cause a scene. I hate to see people yelling and cursing. I hate fighting period. It makes me nervous and stressed, and I usually end up in tears. I prefer to walk away.

On this day, I decided to make a change. It was over something silly and trivial, but I needed to be heard. I am glad I did it.

I was in a big box store purchasing some items. I am not going to go into details, but suffice to say that I was told that I wouldn’t be able to make the purchase without substituting the item with what the person said I should purchase. At first I balked. In my quiet, please-just-go-along-with-me-voice, I explained that I was right and she was wrong. When she didn’t agree, I just said ok, thank you, and walked away. There was a line of people and I didn’t want to cause problems.

I walked out of the store upset, confused, and angry. Not at the cashier, but myself. Why did I always take the easy way out? Why am I so scared to use my voice? I decided on the way to the car that I was going back in that store and setting the record straight!

I loaded my purchases in the car and marched back in. I made sure to keep a smile on my face. I didn’t want to yell and scream at anyone. (We had already witness someone doing that) I simply went back in and explained my side. This time she listened and actually agreed with me. Yay me!!

I know that there are other women in the world who have done bigger and better acts, but for me this was huge. Now I know that I don’t have to back down. I can say no, this is the way it is going to be….and I can do it with a smile!

And I am not the only one standing up around here!

IMG_4394edit 1

Look at her!!! She is pulling herself up on everything now.

She is growing too fast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please nice in you criticisms.